Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Today (1/9/13)

Today is one of your father's days off, and we all three spent the morning together in our pajamas eating leftover roast chicken and macaroni and cheese.

You have been really fighting your naps lately, so sometimes you don't fall asleep until you absolutely collapse.  Today you nodded off mid-bite of macaroni and cheese.

At one point today, when the parrots were squawking and the cat was meowing and you were chattering as you tottered after him, trying to bodyslam him, your dad looked at me and said, "Is something coming?  I feel like this is the beginning of an 80s catastrophe movie."

You've recovered from the worst of your cold, but you have a lingering stuffy nose.  Today when we aspirated your nose, your father held you in his arms and restrained your arms and cried, "She's on lock-down!  She's on lock-down!" while I moved in with the sucker thingy.  You screamed and screamed and screamed.  It's so hard to keep you still during those times that I am petrified you are going to jerk your head when I have that tube up your nose and that it will jam into your brain and I will have to feed you soft foods forever.

Today I am wearing fluorescent green Crocs around the house, and you love to try to chew on them.

Today I gave two big boxes of your six-month sized baby clothes to a young couple with a baby who responded to my ad on the Berkeley Parents' Network list-serve.  It's very emotional for me to give your clothes away.  I keep a few of my favorite things stashed away.

Just this morning I was invited to interview for a job here in Concord, and I'm really excited.  Now I'm working on getting some child-care established for you.  To begin with, we'll focus on just an occasional person whom I can rely on to come over during short-term things, such as this upcoming job interview.

Today one of your favorite "toys" is a tube of my body cream and you've been carrying it all around the house.

As of today, your walking has progressed quite a bit.  You don't get further than about a dozen steps at a time, but they are often extremely active steps with lots of standing, bending down to pick things up,  turning around, and carrying large stuffed animals involved.  You look so proud of yourself as you're cruising along, and you like to walk past the full-length mirrored closet doors in the hallway watching yourself walking and waveing your arms and toys up and down excitedly as you chatter and smile.

Today you started a game of peek-a-boo with me.  It's only the second time you've done that, although you've enjoyed watching me hiding and pursing out with dramatic squeals for quite some time now.  You had just finished drinking a bottle and were snuggled up with your lavender fuzzy blanket on the couch beside me.  I was talking to you and after you hid your face and then gently lowered the blanket and grinned at me, I cried, "Peek-a-boo!" in a high-pitched squeal and you loved it.  You are the sweetest peek-a-boo player maybe ever--you do it so shyly!

No comments:

Post a Comment