Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Puji girl

You and your dad are developing your own unique relationship with different patterns of interaction than you and I have.  It's really interesting to watch. 

He normally sleeps in later than you and I do since he gets home from work late, and as soon as you hear him get up you are eagerly waiting for his attention.  This morning when you heard the bedroom door open, you squealed and began to cry, "Da da da da da da!"  And let me tell you, you made his morning.  He called you "puji girl" and he gathered you in his arms and kissed you.

After he does he morning business and pours a cup of coffee, he sits down at the computer.  Within moments you are tugging on his pants and patting his leg, and when he reaches down to pick you up you grin happily.  He sips his coffee and visits his websites, and you sit quietly and contentedly on his lap.  I generally use this time to shower or nap or clean or apply for jobs or SOMETHING that I need to do that is challenging to do when you and I are alone.

Yesterday morning when I came back into the room, you were still in your daddy's lap.


No comments:

Post a Comment