Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The baby in the mirror

Dear Frijole,

You've gotten to be an excellent (and rather funny) little crawler and you couldn't be cuter. The look of pleasure and curiousity on your face as you set out on an exploration around the house is contagious.

Two nights ago you were happily exploring our bedroom. You eagerly rounded the corner of the doorway to have a look at the hall when you came face to face  with your reflection in the floor-length mirror. You screamed.  I had been sitting on the bed watching you and at your scream my body jerked forward and was instantly behind you, reaching down to pick you up. At my sudden appearance in the mirror you screamed again and the look of horror on your face as you gazed bug-eyed at it was unmistakable.

My poor girl.

I was afraid at the time that I had just witnessed the formation of some crazy mirror phobia. But I am pleased to report that since then you bravely approached the mirror again and the two of you have made an uneasy peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment