Monday, April 30, 2012

Month two

Dear Frijole,

We are in the middle of your second month of life, and--to be honest--you are kicking my butt a bit.



The first month was so easy!  You never cried unless you were hungry or needed changed.  When you were awake you were happy.  You have been very fussy in the last couple weeks.  Usually for hours at a time.  Given your symptoms, you may have a touch of colic or maybe a milk allergy.  Today I got some soy-based formula and some gas drops to see if they help your tummy troubles.  When I look at your little face and see your distress, it breaks my heart!  Except for sometimes when you take breaks in between wails your little bottom lip quivers and you whimper.  Then I can't believe how cute you still are even though you are crying.

This evening I gave you a warm bath to soothe you and hopefully help you go to sleep.  You lay back against the bathtub seat and looked at me like, "Why are you doing this to me?"  You have my eyes and I recognize some of my own facial expressions in you already.  It is strange to look at my little Mini-Me, but also wonderful.

Today I put together your new swing that we got as a gift yesterday at our baby shower, but realized I needed batteries for it.  I ran across the street to the corner market, but they didn't have the size we needed.  Tomorrow is the earliest I can get them, and this evening I felt willing to pay someone a thousand dollars to bring me four size C batteries.  We'll just have to hang on until then.

One thing that you really seem to enjoy is getting in bed with your daddy and I in the wee hours of the morning.  After I feed and change you, I climb back into bed with you so that we can both try to go back to sleep.  You seem very content to snuggle against me under the covers and to kick your daddy's back repeatedly until you doze off.  I love this routine.  Your papa does too, but he is a little less crazy about the kicking part.

Go easy on me, love.  This job is a hard one.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment