Friday, December 2, 2011

On not worrying

Dear Frijole,

Your father and I had a conversation today that I want you to know about.  We'll talk about this again many years down the road if you should ever decide to have a child.  Mentioning injury and pain to the penis is the key, I think.

Ivan:  You don't have to worry.  I will be at the hospital with you as long as it takes.  And I'll count for you and help you breathe and everything.

Amie:  I don't know anything about all that.  I'll learn when I take my class.

I:  Class?

A:  Yeah.  A childbirth class.

I:  (scoffs)  You don't need a class.  You have hundreds of generations of women's instincts to rely on.

A:  If you had a person immimently being pushed out of your penis and you wanted to know more about it, you'd get more information. Talk to me then.

I:  Well-played, well-played.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment