Saturday, September 17, 2011

I will pay you a million dollars. Right now.

Dear Frijole,

My god, to have some chocolate milk right now would make me the happiest girl alive. Not the powder or syrup that you stir into milk.  I want the kind you buy at the store pre-made.  The kind that is thick and creamy and smooth.

This craving started slow--just as a passing thought of, "Oh, that sounds good."  But it has begun to grow.  When I placed my grocery order to be delivered today, I put some on the list.  The groceries were two hours late this afternoon, and I agonized and waited and watched the clock.  When the guy arrived, I could barely contain myself.  He handed me the receipt and I signed for the delivery and he said very casually, "Oh, we were out of the chocolate milk so that wasn't included."

I wanted to smack him all the way back to his delivery truck.  Didn't he understand!?  I need chocolate milk!  My baby needs chocolate milk!  (Sorry:  sometimes it's convenient to blame things on you.)

I suppose I could have trekked myself to the store after that, but I was exhausted and cranky and my head hurt and I lay down instead. 

And now I am one sorry chica.

2 comments:

  1. I baked a carrot cake at 2 in the morning this weekend. When it came out of the oven, I realized I had no frosting, and no cream cheese to make frosting with. I sat on the kitchen floor and cried. When baby "needs" something, she needs it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie! I know those moments! I hope your carrot cake was still wonderful.

    Man, that sounds good. Now you've got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete