Monday, June 11, 2012

Portraits of me and my bambina

Dear Frijole,

Long before I ever knew I was having a baby, I longed to have my uncle Joe take pictures of my future little one.  He does wonderful work, I love him dearly, and it meant a lot to me to have him photograph my child.  He happened to be in San Francisco right after you came home from the hospital and volunteered his services.  I couldn't believe my luck.  Here are a couple of my favorites.






You weren't very happy most of the shoot, mostly because you were cold.  We shot these in your auntie Tash's kitchen.  We sat right next to the window as the daylight was fading, and Joe's friend Larry held up a piece of aluminum foil to reflect light on us.  For such limited circumstances, I think they turned out pretty well.

Of course now he has to photograph you every time he's here--about once a year.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment