Thursday, March 15, 2012

From an early age, you were transverse.

Dear Frijole,

I knew you had changed positions in there but good lord, girl!  Sideways?  Really?  You need to stop fooling around and arrange yourself head down, because this show's about to get on the road and you've got them talking C-sections.  Although I am strongly advising you to consider taking up a different position, secretly I am proud of you.  May there be many boundaries you are willing to transverse in your life.  And please don't let my rules make up the bulk of them.

During the last few days you've been in this position, your little bottom has created a serious hump in one (off-centered) part of my stomach that goes up and down as you wiggle around in there.  I find it rather hypnotic to watch and rub.  Plus, to be honest, it's totally creepy and alien-like.  I hope to see a foot or a hand pressing out soon.

I met our doula yesterday morning.  She's helping with your birth and one of the first faces you will see when you make your grand entrance from some as of yet undetermined orafice on my body and into this world.  She is a very nice, earth mothery type of lady who wants to help me have an empowering childbirth, so I'm trying to calm the eff down and follow her advice for both of our sakes.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment