Sunday, February 12, 2012

Third trimester impatience

Dear sweet Frijole,

You have been baking in my oven for nearly 31 weeks now--that's 7 1/2 months. You are already so big in there that my organs are squished up against the sides of me. I can't imagine what this will feel like in a few more weeks!

Twice now I have experienced Braxton Hicks contractions in the middle of the night and I must say they are no fun. Supposedly my body is practicing to push you out. Getting ready for the main event. It lets me know we're in the home stretch, though, and for this I am very happy.

Soon I (and by extension, you as well) will be meeting with our doula Meg to discuss giving birth to you and how she can help your daddy and I during this process. He felt a little nervous about this prospect at first because he wanted to be right there helping me during your delivery. I assured him that he still will be! But he will have some of the pressure taken off of him now and he can relax more and focus on holding my hand and helping me to feel less afraid.

Everything makes me cry still, Frijole: shows on the Discovery channel that show babies in the womb, the absence of my grandparents, shopping for bassinet sheets, solo acoustic performances of Jeff Mangum, running out of juice. Even talking to Meg on the phone tonight about when we would meet up made my eyes mist over.

You, on the other hand, seem pretty happy and active. Honestly, sometimes I think you're trying to break your way out down there. My friend Carrie just had her little girl and I absolutely crave pictures of her. I want to look at babies so much! I watch videos on YouTube of babies getting baths constantly because they are so precious. 

I don't mean to rush you, though. You need to take your time and grow strong and healthy before you come out. I can't wait.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment